Davis Racing Dragons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Davis Racing Dragons

We are a dragon boat team at UC Davis.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sac Site Q+A

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CQ

CQ

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Hey guys, we have been talking to CDBA about getting sac site up. It is currently on their board agenda, but not a priority until at least after TI. We will be posting any other updates here as well.

If you guys have any more specific questions about Sac site. Please post them here and the board happily answer your questions/comments.

You can also email anonymous questions to anyone on the board if you're feeling shy =).
Back to top Go down
sally co

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:48 pm

i honestly hope that we get the sac site better - but i think we need to do more than just have them have it on their agenda.. i feel like us waiting for them to discuss it is being passive on our part

i feel like we should email/ send them a statement why we need this site, and what we would do different

ie: what we would do different = cover the boat at night, respecting others in the area, etc or whatever.. just a nice letter that demonstrates that this site is very valuable to us as a team

just because it's on their things to do list doesnt mean we will get approved of the site - which is why i think a considerate/ thoughtful letter might be a good idea

but thats just me :\ im weird :$
Back to top Go down
CQ

CQ

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:55 pm

We talked to one of their board members, Kathy, in person about the site, stating why we need it and what we would do differently.
We brought it up to them last month, but since TI is coming up, they have a lot on their plate and can't make it their first priority until after TI.
We haven't haven't been passive about it and have been shooting emails back and forth with CDBA.

Thanks for bringing this up, as we have not realized that we didn't clarify the exact situation with the team.

Please feel free to ask us any other questions you guys might have. =)
Back to top Go down
sally co

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 am

oh good! constant communication is good! i thought yall just emailed them and were just waiting for their final verdict!

and of course ti Very Happy

WE GUNNA WIN! Smile i hope Wink
Back to top Go down
thaddeus shinsa

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:12 pm

The DRD board is being proactive about it and TI is top of the list for CDBA (reflecting CQ). However, this is still not the kind of thing that happens over night. There will have to be new relationships built and new agreements worked out. It will require patience and will likely take a long time (several months? a year? ...) to set up. Some of you may be graduated before the fruits of the work are realized. It could go fast too, but be prepared to be patient.
Back to top Go down
CQ

CQ

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:09 pm

UPDATE:

Had a meeting with UCD crew today about utilization of their dock for db purposes.

Looks like best option is still to moor the boat.
Have to contact Port of Sacramento about that.

UCD Crew says most likely will be able to launch a paddle boat and load/unload from their dock.

Edit:

Have also heard from Kathy that CDBA sent someone up to check stuff and that person strongly recommended that the boat be reinstated to sac site.
Back to top Go down
thaddeus shinsa

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:01 pm

To add to Courtney's comment. The eggs are not hatched yet. still along road ahead of us. there is nor formal nor informal agreement yet. Just a resolution to make it happen.

And the final details are far from determined.

So please just take our information as cause for hope but not a cause to celebrate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sac Site Q+A Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sac Site Q+A   Sac Site Q+A Empty

Back to top Go down

Sac Site Q+A
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Davis Racing Dragons :: DRD Community :: The Lounge-
Jump to: